Monday, February 24, 2014

Inspiration Avenue Weekly Challenge-Change

 This week's challenge is summed up in a single word-Change.   Lately, I've been going through some major life changes and this experience inspired me to create a challenge around it.   In selecting images for this I first turned to one of my favorite websites, Brainy Quote.  As always, I was not disappointed.  I've selected a few quotes to share, as well as some images I found that seemed to illustrate each quote.

All things must change to something new, to something strange.  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve the beauty.  Maya Angelou

Far Far Hill

Change, like sunshine, can be a friend or a foe, a blessing or a curse, a dawn or a dusk.  William Arthur Ward

Crowabout Studio B Pretty Paper (deviantscrap.com)

Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.  Sydney J. Harris

Public Domain Image

Change in all things is sweet.  Aristotle

http://scrapworldmagic.blogspot.com
There is nothing permanent, except change.  Heraclitus

Public Domain Image
All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.  Anatole France 

Digital Collage by Lou Anne Hazel

We're inviting you to create art around the concept of change.  We're all going through changes in our lives.  Sometimes they're big, earth-shaking changes, and other times they are much less consequential.   Whether you are celebrating change, or dreading it, it's present in your experience.  Choose something meaningful to you that represents change in your life.  Link up your image with Mr. Linky, then leave a comment on this blog post before Sunday, March 2 at 12:00 noon EST.  Most important of all-enjoy yourself!  I'm excited about seeing your images. 
Until then,
Lou Anne aka Misplaced Mermaid
-->

__________________________________________________



6 comments:

Forest Dream Weaver said...

Lovely series of images....it appears that change is constantly with us......

Happy Monday!
Ruby

peggy gatto said...

glorious examples, I'll be back!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love, love, love your surreal digital collage. Blessings!

~Rasz~ said...

Awesome pictures and wonderful quotes. I have been going thru non-stop change and as painful as it is, I know I need this path to get to where I need to be. Hopefully I can do a "change" post and link up!

Sandy said...

What a great prompt change,had me thinking.
Great inspiration loved the quotes and pictures..
Sandy :)

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I loved hosting this challenge and I appreciate everyone who left comments, linked up, and viewed our blog this week. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...